Pinecastle is proud to announce that it has signed bluegrass super group Sister Sadie. The all female band is currently working on an album to be released in 2016 comprised of a mix of member-written originals and other songs to be determined.
Sister Sadie is a straight ahead bluegrass band comprised of five good friends born out of what was originally supposed to be a one time jam at The Station Inn in Nashville, TN. Shortly after that sold out show, the band began getting calls for gigs and the girls decided to officially form Sister Sadie. They decided that each member would remain in their own bands and from time to time get together for special events to perform. The name, Sister Sadie, was inspired by a Tony Rice song, “Little Sadie,” and the fact that the ladies feel as though they are sisters.
“After we performed an impromptu concert at the Station Inn in Nashville, all five of us women knew that there would be more that we would do together. We are all in a very natural state when we perform as a group. No struggle… just in tune with thought, spirit and musical expression. Along with these factors, being on what we feel is one of the most creative and artist friendly labels in the business, Pinecastle Records, we have a sense of excitement that Sister Sadie will be in the perfect musical environment to be who we are and offer our style in the purest way….which is what this band wants. We are pumped and excited to be teaming up with Pinecastle for this project and can’t wait to get it out to our fans!”
Members of Sister Sadie:
- Dale Ann Bradley – Five time IBMA Female Vocalist of the Year, on vocals and guitar. She tours with her namesake, the Dale Ann Bradley Band.
- Tina Adair – Talented and soulful vocalist and mandolinist who has been a female vocalist nominee and fronted her own touring band, the Tina Adair Band, for over 20 years.
- Deanie Richardson – Charismatic fiddler who has performed with Bob Seger, The Chieftains, Vince Gill, and Patty Loveless.
- Gena Britt – An in demand banjo player known for playing with several critically acclaimed bands over the years. Currently with Alan Bibey & Grasstowne.
- Beth Lawrence – A well known and respected acoustic bass player in demand as a session player. She is also the comedian of the stage show.
Pinecastle Records was created 25 years ago as a favor to a friend and has since grown into a legendary label with nearly 250 releases in its catalog, including titles from some of the most influential musicians in the bluegrass genre such as The Osborne Brothers, Jesse McReynolds, and Charlie Waller & The Country Gentlemen among many more. Pinecastle has always placed an emphasis on fostering the talents of bluegrass up and comers and has helped with the growth of the careers of Terry Eldredge, Jesse Brock, Josh Williams, and Kristin Scott Benson, among others. Pinecastle is committed to finding new and innovative artists as well as working with established names within the industry.