LONESOME RIVER BAND
Turn On A Dime
RECORD LABEL:Crossroads Label Group
For more than three decades, Lonesome River Band has set a standard that other Bluegrass groups have aspired towards. They have returned to live up to that standard with their first original studio release in four years, Turn on a Dime, from the Mountain Home Music Company.
Turn on a Dime showcases Lonesome River Band at the top of their creative game. When masterful players and vocalists combine with top-notch material and thoughtful arrangement, the result is a dynamic release.
Led by five-time International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) Banjo Player of the Year Sammy Shelor, the group holds a powerhouse lineup of award-winning players, including vocalist and songwriter Brandon Rickman on guitar, Mike Hartgrove on fiddle, Barry Reed on bass and Randy Jones on mandolin and vocals.
From the title track, “Her Love Won’t Turn On a Dime,” which offers a clever twist on a familiar phrase, to the jazz-influenced gospel track “Don’t Shed No Tears,” Turn on a Dime brings both excitement and nostalgia. Pulsing with the drive and sentiment, the recording moves from the pocketed groove for which LRB is renowned to barn-burning versions of ultra-traditional tunes like “Cumberland Gap.”
With Turn on a Dime, Lonesome River Band delivers the kind of album that made them an iconic band that pioneered and still shapes the modern bluegrass sound.
KEY SELLING POINTS
- Lonesome River Band’s enduring career includes 17 albums, three of which were released in 2012 in celebration of the group’s 30th anniversary.
- The band has a multitude of awards and recognitions, including numerous IBMA Awards for Album of the Year, Instrumental Recorded Event of the Year, and Sammy Shelor for his five Banjo Player of the Year Awards.The Late Show with David Letterman.
- Sammy Shelor was honored with the 2nd Annual Steve Martin Prize for Excellence in Banjo and Bluegrass Award while on The Late Show with David Letterman.
- Her Love Won't Turn On A Dime
- Gone and Set Me Free
- Lila Mae
- Don't Shed No Tears
- If The Moon Never Sees the Light of Day
- Teardrop Express
- Bonnie Brown
- Every Head Bowed
- Shelly's Winter Love
- Hurting With My Broken Heart
- A Whole Lot of Nothing
- Holding To The Right Hand
- Cumberland Gap