Rhapsody/Napster announces a new social platform and set of features designed to provide the best listening experience for music lovers around the world. Dubbed the “Listener Network,” the new community and product enhancements make it easier for listeners to connect and share with friends while discovering new music, playlists, and fans with similar music tastes.
- Trending Today: Hear new music every day and listen to a playlist of trending music created just for you based on songs favorited by your friends and listeners like you.
- Music From Listeners Like Me: Discover trending music through playlists generated by the Listener Network’s top tracks and the most active listeners of your favorite genre.
- Top Charts: Access a comprehensive list of your most-played songs, artists and albums.
- Find Your Music Match: Measure your music compatibility with friends and other subscribers. Powered by our patent-pending Music Intelligence Engine™, a proprietary tool that uses an algorithm to generate a Music Match based on individual music interests and compare your taste overlap to other listeners. Music Match also allows you to get a custom playlist generated from friends and fans with similar tastes and is a great way to discover new music you’ll love. Music Match also allows you to see which friends and listeners are listening to a specific artist.
- Showcase Your Music Personality: Broadcast your music tastes with an auto-generated collage at the top of your profile that features artwork from your most played artists. Customize your profile image and screenname, and make your profile public so that other listeners can see what you’re listening to. Find and follow friends with Facebook friends lookup or through a direct user search.
- Publish Playlists and Follow Others’ Playlists: Share playlists with your friends and music matches. Our new social sharing features let you select which playlists you want to make public so that you can publish your playlists via SMS, Facebook and Twitter. Follow any public playlist from other Rhapsody/Napster users or tap into freshly curated content from our music editors. Get social notifications when other music fans follow you, publish playlists or choose favorite tracks.
“As we celebrate 15 years in music streaming, today’s update continues our ongoing commitment to bring you closer to your friends and favorite artists, making it easier to discover new and trending music,” Nathan Rozendaal, Director of Product at Rhapsody/Napster, said. “Like a Tinder for music lovers, we’re helping fans around the world find their music match and create the best community for music discovery, listening and sharing.”
Rhapsody International is the parent company of leading streaming music services Rhapsody and Napster. Available in more than 34 countries, including the U.S., Europe and Latin America, Rhapsody and Napster give members ad-free access to more than 35 million songs. Whether they’re listening on their phone, at home, work, or in the car, Rhapsody and Napster go where our members go. Our expert team of editors create a curated music experience that makes it easy for members worldwide to discover and enjoy new music with our playlists, reviews and radio stations — anytime and anywhere.