SoundCloud adds new feature to help artists during COVID-19 pandemic
April 2, 2020
Over the past few weeks, SoundCloud has been providing resources for artists to keep the music going, but with the financial repercussions of canceled shows and listeners asking how they can support the artists they love—they knew there was more they could do.
So SoundCloud has created a simple button for your profile where fans can instantly and directly show their support. All you have to do is choose where you want to send followers, give them a little context on what they’re supporting, and then let the world know by sharing on your socials. Here’s how it works:
– Click the “Edit” button on the top right side of your profile page on web
– In the “Edit your Profile” pop-up, click “Add support link” to add a link to financial exchanges or online stores like Kickstarter, Bandcamp, Patreon, Paypal and more (full list of supported platforms can be accessed here – SoundCloud never takes a cut)
– Hit “Save changes” to generate a Support button on your profile that’s visible above your stats and on your track pages
– Use your bio to let fans know what they’re supporting – whether it’s your rent for the month or the album you dropped this week
– Promote on socials so your day-ones know there’s a way to help you beyond playing your tracks on repeat
SoundCloud has built this feature to help creators impacted by the COVID-19 virus and will keep it active as long as we’re all in this so you can fund your projects, offset bills, or get whatever you need to stay on your feet.