RECORD LABEL:Goodman Music
“Softly and Tenderly,” is a classic invitation hymn from the 19th century. It was written by Will Lamartine Thompson. Due to his earlier songs being rejected, Thompson formed his own music publishing company. It became a popular hymn and was incorporated into many hymnals. “Softly and Tenderly” has been recorded by artists such as Amy Grant and Johnny Cash. The hymn was also used during the memorial service for Martin Luther King Jr. in 1968. Vestal and Howard Goodman cover it and many other classic favorites on this first ever digitally-released album.
KEY SELLING POINTS
- An American gospel singer known for her work both as a solo artist and as a member of the Happy Goodman Family with her husband, Howard.
- Known for her ability to connect with audiences and bring them to their feet with her stirring renditions of gospel classics like "Amazing Grace" and "I'll Fly Away."
- Recorded more than 50 albums and won numerous awards, including the Dove Award for Female Vocalist of the Year in 1978 and 1984.
- Appeared on several television shows, including The Gospel Singing Jubilee and The PTL Club.
- Dubbed the “Queen of Gospel Music.”
- When the Rolls are Called Up Yonder
- It's Beginning to Rain
- Where We'll Never Grow Old
- Softly and Tenderly
- How Great Thou Art
- It Is No Secret
- Learning to Lean on Jesus
- The Old Rugged Cross
- Peace in the Valley
- Love Lifted Me
- Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus
- Will the Circle Be Unbroken
- Our God Reigns