CHRIS JONES & THE NIGHT DRIVERS
RECORD LABEL:Mountain Home Music Company
“Blow Whistle” was written by Marshall Wilborn a couple of years ago with a country shuffle beat sort of thing in mind. This laid back groove is gently nudged along by the song’s insistent plea, “Blow, whistle, blow.” The spare, evocative lyric is set to a relaxed swing feel in timeless bluegrass fashion. “In Chris’s hands, and voice, I love how it evolved, and how it turned out,” says Marshall.
KEY SELLING POINTS
- Altogether, members of Chris Jones & The Night Drivers have won more than a dozen IBMA awards.
- Have recorded more than ten #1 songs.
- Had eight No. 1 songs from their last album, Make Each Second Last, an unprecedented milestone in Bluegrass radio.
- Chris Jones (lead vocals and guitar), Mark Stoffel (mandolin), Marshall Wilborn (bass) and Grace van’t Hof (banjo, ukulele, accordion, vocals)
- Steve Martin referred to the Night Drivers as “. . . some of the best players in bluegrass! Chris Jones’ voice is there with the great masters.”