SHAWN LANE & RICHARD BENNETT
RECORD LABEL:Bonfire Music Group
LOCATION:Greenville, South Carolina
“1682” is a haunting ballad of lost time and unseen love told from the perspective of a spirit adrift in the modern world. He tiptoes through the life of a look-a-like past love. Unseen, heard only in the creak of a closing door. This song is a tapestry woven with threads of loss, longing, and the fleeting beauty of human connection.
KEY SELLING POINTS
- Shawn Lane and Richard Bennett have a combined five Grammy nominations while also penning multiple No. 1 hits between the two of them.
- Shawn Lane is a 28-time IBMA Award winner with Blue Highway.
- Lane is also a respected songwriter and was nominated as 2015 IBMA Songwriter of the Year, penning such iconic songs as The Game, Sycamore Hollow, and Tears Fell on Missouri.
- Lane played in the bands of both Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder and Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver prior to becoming a founding member of Blue Highway in 1994.
- Bennett appeared on J.D.Crowe's 1995 album "Flashback," which was nominated for two GRAMMY Awards.