Bluegrass; Pinecastle Records — STREAM / BUY album
The wait is finally over, as Flashback releases their brand new album, Blues Around My Cabin. Released on Pinecastle Records, the project consists of 11 recordings. Flashback alum Richard Bennett, Curt Chapman, Don Rigsby and Stuart Wyrick each stand out in their own ways throughout the collection.
The lead single from the album is the clever “John Henry Holliday.” The track was written by Flashback member and multi-GRAMMY nominee Richard Bennett. The track centers around well known gambler / gunfighter Doc Holliday, who was born in the mid-1800s. Another recent example of the project’s variety came in the form of the Billy Droze and Don Rigsby written song “When The Blues Come Around My Cabin Door.” It was released earlier this week, following an exclusive world premiere by The Bluegrass Situation. It includes a combination of different instruments, making it one of the standout recordings on Blues Around My Cabin, so much so that it was the inspiration behind the album’s title. Another highlight is the cut “Take Me To The River,” which was written by, and features JP Pennington of the chart-topping Country band Exile.
Flashback is kicking their promotional efforts into high gear. Nashville fans experienced this first-hand in early March prior to the COVID-19 outbreak. The all-star band performed to a jam-packed audience at the legendary Station Inn, where they played several songs from the record for the first time. They’re also set to appear later this year at the Bean Blossom Uncle Penn Festival, taking place in Indiana in September.
Blues Around My Cabin Track Listing:
1. John Henry Holliday (written by Richard Bennett)
2. Will You Fold My Flag For Me (written by Don Rigsby)
3. Dixon Farm (written by Richard Bennett)
4. Take Me To The River (written by JP Pennington)
5. Tater Valley Chimes (written by Stuart Wyrick)
6. God Sees Me (written by Randall Massengill)
7. This Old Town (written by Brad Apple)
8. Just Dreamin’ (written by Carter Stanley)
9. Virginia In The Springtime (written by Richard Bennett, Shawn Lane)
10. Queen Of The Bar (written by Sloas Brothers)
11. When The Blues Come Around My Cabin Door (written by Billy Droze, Don Rigsby)