Millions of Amazon Prime members in the UK already benefit from Unlimited One-Day Delivery on millions of items, One-Hour Delivery in London on over ten thousand items with Prime Now, unlimited photo storage with Amazon Cloud Drive, access to unlimited streaming of more than 15,000 popular movies and TV episodes through Prime Instant Video, the UK’s largest streaming service, over 800,000 Kindle titles to borrow for no additional charge from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library and access to great discounts on leading products through the annual global deals day ‘Prime Day’ —all for just £79 a year.
Today, Amazon is announcing that Prime is getting even better with the introduction of Prime Music. Amazon Prime members have access to over one million songs and hundreds of playlists at no additional cost to their membership. Prime Music includes tens of thousands of albums from chart artists like One Direction, Royal Blood, George Ezra, Paolo Nutini, and Ella Henderson, plus classic artists like Bob Dylan, Madonna and David Bowie. And that is just the beginning—more music is being added all the time.
Prime members can choose exactly which songs and albums to listen to, or they can sit back and listen to hundreds of hand-built Prime Playlists. Discovering music is easy thanks to Amazon’s personalized recommendations, and the huge music catalogue can easily be combined with a customer’s own collection.
Members can mix Prime Music songs with their own personal music collection to create the library they’ve always wanted. They can also download songs from the Prime Music catalogue to their mobile devices for offline playback on planes, trains and anywhere they are without an internet connection.
“UK customers loved it when we added Prime Instant Video and unlimited photo storage into Prime last year, on top of Unlimited One-Day Delivery on millions of items and access to over 800,000 Kindle titles to borrow,” said Christopher North, Managing Director at Amazon UK. “We said then that we were just getting started, and today we’re introducing Prime Music—more than a million songs from best selling artists, plus hundreds of Prime Playlists hand-built by our team of music experts—all at no additional cost. Prime Music is the latest great addition to our UK Prime members and we think they’re going to love it.”
When Prime launched in the UK eight years ago, the program offered Unlimited Free One-Day Delivery on millions of items. Today, Prime fast delivery is available on over 10 million items. The Kindle Owners’ Lending Library was introduced in 2012 and now features more than 800,000 books to borrow for no additional charge. Prime Instant Video was introduced in February 2014 and offers unlimited streaming of more than 15,000 popular movies and TV episodes, including Amazon Original shows like Golden Globe winning ‘Best TV Show’ Transparent, exclusive hit TV shows like Outlander, Extant, Ripper Street and Vikings, great kids content like Peppa Pig and Shaun the Sheep, and popular movies exclusive to the streaming service like The Imitation Game, Man of Steel, The Great Gatsby, Divergent, The Hangover Part III and Paddington. In November, Amazon introduced free unlimited photo storage with Amazon Cloud Drive as the latest benefit for UK Prime members.
What Prime Music means for Prime members:
- Your music collection just got a lot bigger—for free with Prime:Over a million songs from artists including One Direction, Royal Blood, George Ezra, Paolo Nutini, Ella Henderson, Bob Dylan, Madonna, and David Bowie, and hundreds of Prime Playlists are now available for streaming and offline playback at no additional cost to your Prime membership, with new music added all the time.
- Your mix. Your music: Mix Prime Music songs in your own personal music collection to create the library you’ve always wanted.
- You be the DJ or let us be the DJ—it’s your choice: Build the perfect playlist by choosing songs you already love or songs you just discovered through Amazon’s personalized recommendations. Or, just sit back and listen to one of our hundreds of Prime Playlists designed for all types of genres, occasions, artists, moods and activities.
- No interruptions from ads: Enjoy an ad-free listening experience.
- Listen where you want: Enjoy Prime Music on Fire HD/HDX, Fire phone, Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, iOS, Android, PC, Mac and any Web browser.
- Take it offline: Download your favorite songs and Prime Playlists for offline playback on mobile devices. With offline playback, you can enjoy your music wherever you are—and you can avoid costly data plan charges.